“On the Spot: Victoria Placencia, pre-physiology freshman”

What was your favorite childhood cartoon?

I used to watch “”The Big Comfy Couch”” I don’t think it’s a cartoon though.

Did you ever watch “”Kim Possible””?

Heck yeah, that’s my stepmom’s texting ringtone, the little song thing.

Can you relate your life (to) Kim Possible in any way?

Yeah, anything is possible. Duh!

How do you feel about Miley Cyrus? A lot of people have strong opinions about her; do you think she’s becoming too provocative for all her young fans?

Well, I remember when I met her and I was like, ‘Damn this girl is not nice,’ but I just think she’s trying to get out of the Disney little phase. She’s trying to grow up.

But she’s only 18.

Yeah, but I’m 18, I grew up.

Who is a role model for you?

I would have to say Jackie O. because she is pretty much amazing, and if you read any of her quotes, they make you smile. Plus she’s like the best first lady that I think we have ever had because she had class and style, and she was young, and she was hot. So you don’t really get those too often.

The full package, indeed. What is your favorite quote by her?

Uh-oh, I think she said something about “”Life’s a party”” or something like that with life and a party.

Jackie O. aside, what is your life quote — aka what is in the little box on your Facebook under your picture?

Actually I have nothing. Oh wait, I do, oh my gosh I do, whoa. OK, it says “”Be the change you want to see in the world,”” by Gandhi. It’s pretty much legit.

Do you believe in Buddhism?

No, I’m Catholic, but I think it’s a pretty quote because if you don’t want change then you can’t complain about anything. If you want to complain then change it.

What are you doing to promote change in the world?

I like to help people and volunteer as much as I can, and if I see someone down, I try to change that frown in to a smile. Never frown because you never know when someone is falling in love with your smile.

That is so cheesy.

No it’s not, it’s cute.

What is the biggest change you’ve experienced in your freshman year?

I’ve just realized that drama is so overrated and so unnecessary. You should just roll with the people you know are real and kick it with them. Yeah, I’m just gonna do me.

You are just gonna do you?

Exactly. If people don’t like me the way I am, sucks to be them. I’m going to just do me.

Caroline Nachazel