“New coach, new chants (w/ Video)”

Arizona head basketball coach Sean Miller addresses the Zona Zoo student section last night at the ?Its Miller Time? event at McKale Center.  Miller introduced a new series of chants and also took questions for students
Arizona head basketball coach Sean Miller addresses the Zona Zoo student section last night at the ?Its Miller Time? event at McKale Center. Miller introduced a new series of chants and also took questions for students

Sean Miller’s team meeting to expand the playbook wasn’t for the guys on the court.

Hundreds of students attended the first of Miller’s several meetings with the UA student body last night in McKale Center. The event was hosted by the Arizona basketball program.

In an effort to build a more cohesive and passionate student section, Miller introduced new chants, adding to McKale’s intense environment.

“”You made the best first impression a student body could make on a coach,”” Miller said addressing the crowd. “”I want to have a relationship between me as a coach and you as students.””

Students watched the end of the Wildcats’ practice, which was open to all students at 6 p.m., before learning plays of their own.

Miller introduced the team, then went straight to his objective. He explained that the first four minutes of a game are crucial because 80 percent of the time the winning team in that time period goes on to win the game.

During those first four minutes, students are instructed to:

Yell, “”Boing!”” every time the opposing team dribbles.

Yell, “”Pass!”” for every pass.

Yell, “”Brick!”” for every shot.

At the free throw line, students will:

Count the number of dribbles of the opposing team.

Yell, “”Breath!”” every time he takes a breath.

Yell, “”Brick!”” during the shot.

Miller, who was greeted with a “”Happy Birthday Sean Miller”” sign, held the same meeting at Xavier, where he was previously head coach.

After reviewing the new chants, Miller took questions from students then distributed free pizza with his players.

“”It creates an atmosphere and togetherness,”” he said. “”The player knows the students are active as well.””

And 1

Miller announced that he scheduled Florida for a home-and-home in the 2011-12 season.