“Fronimo’s serves quick, delicious Mediterranean fare”

Ashlee+Salamon+%2F+Arizona+Daily+Wildcat%0A%0AAlex+Panousos+Cook+sends+a+greek+salad+out+for+the+waiting+customers+at+Fronimos+restaurant+on+Tuesday+Dec.+1st.+Fronimos+is+located+on+3242+E+Speedway+Blvd.+
    Ashlee Salamon
    Ashlee Salamon / Arizona Daily Wildcat Alex Panousos Cook sends a greek salad out for the waiting customers at Fronimos restaurant on Tuesday Dec. 1st. Fronimos is located on 3242 E Speedway Blvd.

Mediterranean eats are just around the corner at Fronimo’s. Their inviting golden walls adorned with photos from across Greece welcome hungry patrons in for a delicious and inexpensive Greek meal. Offering an array of traditional Greek dishes as well as some American classics like tuna melts and hamburgers, Fronimo’s has a little bit of something for everyone.

For between $5 and $10, you can get a plate chock-full of good eats. Their gyros — which come in a variety of types from traditional to chicken to veggie-patty — are a delightful choice. Your choice of meat or non-meat burger is wrapped in a warm pita and smothered in taziki then topped with tomato and onion.

They offer falafel — a spicy blend of garbanzo and fava beans fried as a patty — as a sandwich or a plate. The plates are a great option for the extra-hungry patron. Served with rice or fried and a dinner salad they’ll fill you up without breaking the banks as the meals are between $8.75 and $9.75 for the more expensive meats.

Salads and sides are a plenty at Fronimo’s. From spanakopita, filo pastry filled with a spinach and cheese mix, to dolmas, grape leaves stuffed with meat and rice, to tabbouleh, a fantastic bulgur and parsley salad drenched in lemon and olive oil mixed in with mint, tomatoes and cucumbers, you will not be disappointed. Their homemade onion rings are fantastic and a nice way to mix things up.

When dessert rolls around, are sure to try the baklava or kataife. These two traditional pastries are to die for. Honey sweetened pasty paired with chopped nuts in two different and uniquely great forms.

Fronimo’s is open every day from 10 a.m. to 9 p.m. They serve an array of wines and beer and have a setting for meetings. They are quick with great service — perfect for lunch or dinner. They are located next to the Walgreens and yoga studio at Speedway and Country Club. Their convenient location across from The Loft Cinema makes it ideal for a dinner and movie date