Date Book

Campus Events/Lectures

• The Center for Creative Photography’s exhibition “”Harry Callahan: The Photographer at Work”” continues. Harry Callahan was one of the most influential photographers of the 20th century and one of the CCP’s first archives. Exhibition runs until May 7
  • Interview preparation workshop. How you present yourself in an interview will determine whether you get the job. Learn how to prepare for an interview so that you can answer the tough questions with ease. No sign-up required. Noon. Student Union Memorial Center, Room 411
  • Musical moments at the bookstore presents: Harpfusion. Harpfusion’s Jessica Warren and Kate Loughrey will be performing at noon. UofA Bookstore
  • Program in Applied Mathematics Colloquium, “”Periodic Phase Separation,”” a talk by Rustum Choksi, Department of Mathematics, Simon Fraser University. 12:30 p.m. Refreshments will be available at 3:30 p.m. in Math 401N. Mathematics building, Suite 501
  • “”Doctoral Oral Defense,”” a talk by Stacie L. Gibbins about “”the Magmatic and Hydrothermal Evolution of the Ertsberg Intrustion, Ertsberg Mining District, West Papua, Indonesia.”” 1 p.m. Environmental Natural Resources building, Room 253
  • Distinguished Visiting Lecturer Series. Dr. David W. Bates, professor of medicine at Harvard Medical School, will be the first presenter of the new series. 1 p.m. University Medical Center, Duvall Auditorium
  • Biochemistry and Molecular Biophysics Seminar. Dr. Michael Quon will discuss “”vascular actions of insulin and adiponectin.”” 4 p.m. Biosciences West building, Room 208
  • Student Union Events

• Comedy Corner will enhance your lunch with improv comedy from noon to 1 p.m. SUMC, Wilbur’s Underground, Cellar
  • Video Game Tournament. 6 p.m. $2. SUMC, Wilbur’s Underground, Games Room