Police Beat: October 23

Keystone fight

A UA student was arrested near the Kappa Alpha Theta sorority house for a minor in possession in body on Friday.

A University of Arizona Police Department officer was patrolling a date dash at the sorority house when a group of students was dropped off by a bus in front of the sorority house.

One of the students appeared to be upset at someone and was yelling and being held back by a group of men. 

The officer made contact with the group and told them to keep moving. As they walked away, he saw the angered student approach another group of individuals and push one of them.

Both groups began pushing and shoving each other, but no punches there thrown, according to the officer.

The student who was originally upset was approached by the officer and asked if he knew why he was pulled aside.

The student told the officer he had been minding his own business when he got pushed by a random guy. The officer told him that was not what he saw.

The student had watery, bloodshot eyes and smelled of intoxicants. He told the officer he had consumed several Keystone Light beers during the night.

The student’s aggressive behavior continued to escalate and he was transported to Pima County Jail.Eat, drink and pee merry

A UAPD officer was covering the Alpha Delta Pi sorority’s date dash when a member of the security for the event flagged down the officer.

The security officer was accompanied by a UA student who, according to the security officer, had been urinating on the east wall of the sorority house. 

According to the UAPD officer, the student had bloodshot, watery eyes, slurred speech and smelled of intoxicants.  He told the officer he had urinated on the wall because “he really had to go.”

The student told the officer he had only consumed two beers a random homeless person had given him at the Circle K gas station on Speedway Boulevard and Park Avenue.

The student was diverted to the Dean of Students Office and released to his sober girlfriend.  Eye and mighty

A Campus Health Service employee reported that a UA student was assaulted while tailgating at the UA football games against the University of Southern California on Oct. 11.

UAPD received a telephone call in reference to a report of assault.

The employee reported that a student had come to see her at the Campus Health and told her he had been assaulted.

The student said he was tailgating when he got punched in the right eye while trying to break up a fight. The student said he did not know who hit him, but he said he believed it may have been a USC fan because the person was wearing a USC shirt.

Although the student was not severely injured, the employee told the student a report was made to UAPD and that UAPD would contact him in reference to the incident.

UAPD eventually contacted the student, but he did not wish to proceed with the judicial process.