Flaming Lips in top form on latest

Flaming Lips in top form on latest

No neo-psychedelic band can continuously hit the mark as frequently as Oklahoma City’s Flaming Lips have. Since their start in 1983, The Flaming Lips have released album after album of eccentric noise-pop which is so deliciously odd that fans are left yearning for more every time. Their longevity has paved the way for other experimental weirdos whose only goal is to make strangely addicting music.

Embryonic, The Flaming Lips’ latest installment, completes the acceptably strange package the band has to offer. As with 1997’s Zaireeka, Embryonic bundles madness and horror into one hour-long, space-themed odyssey. The acid-rock extravaganza shows The Flaming Lips at their raw best. Songs like “”Watching the Planets”” and “”See The Leaves”” embody the quintessential mood that The Flaming Lips have so desperately needed in the last 10 years. They have released an album that trumps their musical endeavors within the last decade.

The post-apocalyptic sense of reality produced by Embryonic allows frontman Wayne Coyne to eerily talk about life and death as if they were disposable topics. Embryonic provides a nostalgic experience, with a style that looks back to Zaireeka and 1999’s The Soft Bulletin. Yet it also invites you to hop in the DeLorean, take it up to 80 mph, and sneak a peek into a future filled with continued success and an ahead-of-their-time musical genius.