Fast Facts

Donald Duck is old enough to receive Social Security. He made his debut in 1934, with a bit part in the animated “”The Wise Little Hen.””

Black radical leader H. Rap Brown said, “”Violence is as American as cherry pie”” in July 1967.

Almonds are a member of the peach family. They are the oldest, most widely cultivated and extensively used nuts in the world.

The oldest known vegetable is the pea.

When a coffee seed is planted, it takes five years to yield consumable fruit.

If it takes just a second to pick up a penny on the ground, a person could make $36 per hour just picking up pennies.

Butterflies taste with their hind feet.

Dogs that do not tolerate small children will include the Saint Bernard, the Old English sheepdog, the Alaskan Malamute, the bull terrier and the toy poodle.

If Earth were as big as a fist, the moon would be the size of a stamp placed 10 feet away.

A hen requires 24 to 26 hours to produce an egg.

Five names considered for the Seven Dwarfs: Snoopy, Dippy, Blabby, Woeful and Flabby.

The Pillsbury Doughboy has a few requirements: no knees, elbows, wrists, fingers, ears or ankles.

In 1829, Andrew Jackson had to escape the inaugural celebration when hundreds of westerners in buckskin cloths and muddy boots mobbed the White House.

Alfred Nobel, founder of the Nobel Prize, invented dynamite.

Michelangelo painted the Sistine Chapel standing up on scaffolding, not lying on his back, as widely believed.