Quick Hits

Event to feature band, food to raise funds for cancer research

Students can help fundraise for Relay for Life by attending an event off campus today.

The event will be at the main courtyard of Sterling University Apartments, 2550 Ironwood Hills Drive. To get there, take Grant Road west and turn right on the first street after Greasewood Road.

From 4 p.m. to 8 p.m., there will be three live bands and food donated by Sweet Tomatoes and Applebee’s. There will also be a half-time show that will feature organizer Nikki Wilkerson shaving her head to support those who have lost their hair from chemotherapy treatments.

The entry fee is $10 with all proceeds going to the Relay for Life, a relay race to benefit the American Cancer Society that will take place tomorrow through Sunday on the UA Mall.

Delta Chi to hold restaurant percentage night

The Delta Chi fraternity is holding a charity event today with Panizza Italian Bistro, 944 E. University Blvd.

The restaurant will donate 12 percent of sales from 5 p.m. to 8 p.m. to the fraternity’s national philanthropy, The Jimmy V Foundation.

The Jimmy V Foundation is dedicated to finding a cure for cancer. For more information on the organization, visit www.jimmyv.org.

GPSC elections end tonight

Elections for representatives of the Graduate and Professional Student Council will continue until midnight.

For more information and to vote, visit www.gpsc.arizona.edu.

Staff art exhibit opens today with reception

The staff art exhibit opens to the public today and will continue until April 20.

The exhibit, “”On Our Own Time,”” will be in the Union Gallery in the Student Union Memorial Center, open Monday through Thursday from 10 a.m. to 8 p.m. and Friday and Saturday from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.

The exhibit is presented by the UA Staff Advisory Council. There will also be an awards reception from noon to 2 p.m. in the gallery. All entrants, their guests and the UA community are invited to attend.