Change up your watch game for the spring

Courtesy
    Courtesy

While winter was seemingly short here in Arizona, the return of spring marks the time for livelier trends. Bold patterns and color blocking are an obvious trend for spring beckoning the call for a switch-up of your usual attire. But with this shift comes a specific attention to detail, for which your wrist wear should not be neglected.

Start out the season by swapping your heavy leather wristband for one made of nylon. The material is new to the scene compared to its stainless steel counterpart, but it has instantly become a staple for spring wrist wear.

The material is light and as the temperatures border on the edge of the triple digits, nylon will allow your wrist to breathe.

Introducing this wrist wear into your everyday will break up the basic and dull colors that are still left over from winter.

Nixon recently introduced its take on nylon bands for the spring. While the company is known for its overcompensating, large face watches, there is an obvious sense of minimalism in the new line.

Showcasing this style is The Quad. With bold stripes, patterns or solid tones in ballistic nylon, this collection is as versatile as it is durable.

Pro surfer, John John Florence, aided in the inspiration behind the watch, as the second hand is reminiscent of the fins of a surfboard. The clean-cut and low profile structure of the face and bezel are juxtaposed against the vibrant colors of the band, making it a staple for springtime wear.

Fossilgave its standard Ansel collection a springtime revamp with the introduction of nylon bands. With interchangeable straps, this watch also boasts a sense of versatility that rivals Nixon’s. Vertical stripes of red, navy and sky blue exude a more modern style, while the contrast of a cream face with dark Roman numerals gives the watch a vintage feel.

Timex has teamed up with stores like J.Crew and Urban Outfitters to offer a wide variety of nylon watches. For those in favor of the more traditional styles, stick with Timex’s Intelligent Quartz Compass, while the hipster crowd might enjoy the Weekender.

You can almost never go wrong with a nylon band, so long as you stick to a style you feel comfortable with. Be sure to venture into some bold colors for the spring in order to compliment items such as chambray or pastel colored shorts. Spring should always be about keeping things light and airy.