Police Beat

Two men were arrested on multiple credit card-related charges at 8:14 p.m. on March 10.

At 5:05 p.m., an officer contacted a student via telephone who had lost his wallet. The student said he went with some friends to Bruegger’s Bagels in the Park Student Union, 615 N. Park Ave., at 4 p.m.

After paying for his order, he placed his brown leather trifold wallet in the waistband of his shorts. At 4:20 p.m., while walking back to his dorm, he discovered the wallet was missing.

He returned to the student union, but did not find the wallet there. The wallet contained his CatCard, which he had already replaced.

He requested a list of transactions and discovered that someone had used the CatCard to purchase delivery pizza. The transaction amounts were $73.96 and $10.

The officer spoke with the manager of the pizza company, who was able to locate the transaction receipts and delivery records. The pizzas were ordered with a delivery address of 922 E. Fourth St., Kaibab-Huachuca Residence Hall.

The officer arrived at the residence hall and spoke with a resident assistant, who pointed out the room where the pizza had been delivered. After knocking several times with no answer, the RA said that the resident usually hangs out on the west wing in another room.

When the officer located the student and asked him what he had for dinner, he said “”pizza,”” according to reports, adding that he had used a CatCard his friend had found to pay.

He said his friend gave him the CatCard and a list of things to order, adding that he placed the order knowing it was not his friend’s CatCard.

The student’s friend said he found the wallet by Jett’s Wildcat, 501 N. Park Ave., took it to his room and looked through it. He said he was low on cash and was hungry, so he decided to use the CatCard to order pizza.

The friend retrieved the wallet and gave it to the officer.

The two students were arrested on charges of theft, obtaining a credit card by fraudulent means, receiving anything of value by credit card fraud and fraudulent use of a credit card.

They were transported to Pima County Jail and booked.

• An officer was requested to respond to the Inn Suites Hotel, 475 N. Granada Ave., at 4:44 a.m., March 9 in reference to a fraternity party.
  • Upon arrival, the officer met with a Tucson Police Department sergeant who said TPD had responded to the hotel at 3:34 a.m. regarding a large party in several rooms. The hotel initially called police at 1:37 a.m. to request the parties be broken up.

The officers made contacts in two rooms. When they knocked on a third door, a man answered and then closed the door on them. The officers encountered the man again shortly after, and he assaulted one of them.

While attempting to take the man into custody, a woman attempted to pull officers away from him. The two were arrested and booked into Pima County Jail on charges of disorderly conduct and resisting arrest.

Three other men were cited and released for being minors with spirituous liquor in the body.

Hotel staff reported that Tau Kappa Epsilon fraternity had a dinner-dance event at the hotel and that 10 rooms had been rented out from people stating to be members of Tau Kappa Epsilon.

• A student was diverted to the Dean of Students Office for being a minor in possession at 1502 E. Lester St. at 2:22 a.m. March 9.
  • While patrolling on foot, an officer witnessed a student fall to the ground and lie on his side for about two minutes. The officer approached the student, who was bleeding from his right knee, and asked if he wanted medical assistance.

The student refused and identified himself. The officer could smell a very strong odor of intoxicants coming from the student’s breath.

His speech was also slurred, and he swayed from side to side when he stood.

The student agreed that he had had too much to drink and was released to his friend.