Police Beat

Drunk ex-UA employee given exclusionary order

A man was given an exclusionary order from the UA on March 13 at 1:37 p.m.

While doing a security check of the area near the Manuel T. Pacheco Integrated Learning Center, an officer saw a man asleep on a bench. Near the man, there was a bottle of Gran Legacy Vodka that was partially being concealed by a copy of the Arizona Daily Wildcat. The bottle had approximately half of its contents remaining.

Police made contact with the man who was wearing a light blue polo that said “”Arizona Athletics”” on the left side chest. The man told officers that he was an employee at the UA assigned to athletics. The man gave police a CatCard that appeared old, dirty and did not have a microchip on it.

Police noticed that the man had a strong odor of intoxicants coming from his breath, slurred speech and red, bloodshot eyes.

Police asked the man to provide them with another form of ID. When he did, they ran the name on his identification and found that he had no affiliation to the UA. The man continued insisting that he was an employee with UA athletics. Police then asked him what department of athletics he worked for, but he could not tell police. He provided police with the name and number of his “”boss.”” A check of the name showed no results and the phone number had been disconnected. The man later told an officer that he had been forced to quit his job at the UA seven years ago because of a knee injury.

While speaking to the man, police also noticed a bottle of Shamrock Farms Chocolate Milk with two-thirds of its contents remaining. There was vodka mixed in with the milk. The man admitted that the bottle was his and he had put the vodka in it.

The man had been warned on March 12 for trespassing after he was found drinking alcohol in the ILC bathroom. He was given an exclusionary order preventing him from being on any UA owned, controlled or rented property for six months.

Delta Chi brother’s car found tipped on its side

A vehicle was found rolled over on its side March 13 at 11:55 a.m.

Police responded to the parking lot of the Delta Chi fraternity house in reference to a vehicle that had been damaged. When they arrived, they located the vehicle, which had been rolled over and rested on its left side. There were rocks and bricks on the ground around the car.

Police made contact with a man who said the vehicle belonged to his brother but he had control of it. The man said that the car was old and broken and he intended to get rid of it in the near future. He said that the vehicle could have been rolled over by his fraternity brothers as a prank. He did not wish to press charges against anyone for the damage caused to his vehicle.

The man was told that the vehicle, in its condition, was a public hazard. It was set back on its wheels with the help of the Delta Chi fraternity members.

A representative from UA Greek Life was notified of the situation and a note was sent to the Dean of Students Office.

Coronado minor cited as a minor in possession

A woman was cited and released for being a minor in possession of alcohol March 13 at 2:08 a.m.

Police responded to the parking lot north of the Radioactive Waste Storage Facility in reference to a student who was extremely intoxicated, combative and being detained by University Medical Center security.

Police made contact with a woman when they arrived. She had bloodshot, watery eyes, a flushed face and smelt of intoxicants. The woman said that she had three shots of vodka around midnight but she had become lost when she got to Ring Road. There, she was discovered by UMC personnel. She refused to answer any other questions.

The woman was cited and released for being a minor in possession of alcohol. She was also referred to the Dean of Students Office and then given a ride to her residence at the Coronado Residence Hall.