Your views

Dear Editor,

The U of A women’s club water polo team has had a very successful season. Undefeated in our regular season, we won the Southwest Regional Championships with a victory over ASU. On the 3rd, 4th and 5th of May, we will be in Minnesota competing in the National Championships. We are currently ranked 8th in the polls. I am writing this letter in order to inform the Arizona community of our success so far, as I have not seen any mention of victories or upcoming tournament in the Daily Wildcat.

Actually, when I searched the Daily Wildcat for articles about the team, I found an article (“Women’s water polo to become UA sport”, Dec. 4, 2006) that quoted Rocky LaRose as saying, in reference to an NCAA water polo team, “It won’t be any later than 2010.” Well, it’s 2013, and while I understand the financial reasons that delayed a new sport from being added, I don’t understand why sand volleyball was chosen instead of water polo. Considering that the Hillenbrand diving well was built with water polo in mind — the pool is 25 meters wide, instead of yards — and that our team generates significant interest (enough players this year to field an “A” and a “B” team), I’m confused as to why LaRose and Greg Byrne decided to renege on the original plan.

Alexandra Schluntz
    Optical Sciences and Spanish
    Junior

In response to “For Daily Wildcat staffers, newspaper is priority No. 1” (by Lynley Price, April 22):

Hi Lynley,

I just read your article, and I want you to know how much I’ve enjoyed the online edition of the Daily Wildcat over the last five years. I started reading it when my son was a freshman, to get a feel for what was going on at UA. He graduated last year but I still read it daily, and I know many other parents who do the same!

You and your associates put together an outstanding paper, and I can’t thank you enough for all of your hard work. The Daily Wildcat helps parents keep our fingers on the pulse of UA. Many of the articles are so insightful that I’m amazed that they’re written by college students!

Please, keep up the great work, good luck in the future, and thank you!

Susan Larik

In response to “No matter how fast CNN can report false information, accuracy remains paramount in media” (by Dan Desrochers, April 22):

I agree with the Daily Wildcat: “Rumors and speculation have no place in the news.” Hopefully the DW can follow Dan’s lead in 2013-2014.

— Zachary Brooks

Not likely considering how obsessed they are with following their political agenda.

— Kevin Wos (in response to Zachary Brooks)

In response to “UA, Tucson at odds about financial contribution to streetcar” (by Rachel McCluskey, April 22):

You would think they would have figured this out before they started working on this project.

— Brad Anderson