FINAL: No. 2 Arizona 67, Oregon 65

Keenan Turner
Sophomore guard Gabe York shoots a field goal during the first half of Arizona vs Oregon basketball game at McKale Center on Thursday. Arizona leads Oregon 38-37 at the half.

No. 2 Arizona Wildcats hung on to come from behind and defeat Oregon 67-65 Thursday night in McKale Center.

After struggling to pick up necessary momentum after halftime, Arizona found itself trailing for most of the half. A late four-minute offensive sure from the Wildcats allowed them to overcome the Ducks’ dangerous offense.

Three of Arizona’s players compiled double-digits, and freshman forward Rondae Hollis-Jefferson finished with a double-double.

Hollis-Jefferson had 14 points, 10 rebounds, three assists, two blocks and a steal on the night.

Freshman forward Aaron Gordon’s struggles from the free-throw line continued as he was only 2-for-11 from line.

Sophomore center Kaleb Tarczewski continued to perform strongly and had 12 points to go along with seven rebounds, an assist and a block.

Junior guard Nick Johnson was a large reason the Wildcats were able to come from behind. He scored 18 points while gathering two rebounds and a team-high five assists.

—Follow Evan Rosenfeld @EvanRosenfeld17