Arizona Athletics takes paperwork out of season ticket renewals

Arizona Athletics has decided to save some green by going paperless for all season ticket renewal statements.  

The shift began on Aug. 5. Ticket holders will receive a postcard notifying them of the change from paper invoices to emailed electronic statements.

Fans will still be able to obtain a paper statement, they will just have to go online and print it themselves.

This will cut down on costs and paper from the envelopes, the three-page carbon copy statement and mailing costs, as well as the time spent by staff members stuffing envelopes, said Krise Giese, assistant director of ticket operations and customer relations.

Giese said Arizona Athletics will save “”a lot of intangible costs,”” and, while the exact number has not been determined, “”it’s in the thousands for sure.””

Giese said jobs would not be cut because of the change at this time.

“”We anticipate doing more efficient jobs instead of sitting there eight hours a day stuffing envelopes,”” Giese said.

A paperless system has already been in place for a few sports for two or three years, according to Giese, but this will be the first time all sports renewal statements are paper-free.

While the statement process will be paperless, season ticket holders don’t have to renew online, though it is an option. Ticket holders may renew by mail with check, by phone, or by visiting the McKale Ticket Office.

One ticketing change Giese said fans can expect to see in the distant future is the ability to show your ticket on your smartphone instead of having to print an electronic ticket.