Police Beat

An underage student was cited and released for possession of alcohol in Coronado Residence Hall, 822 E. Fifth St., at 1:07 a.m. Nov. 19, reports stated.

An officer responded to a call that there may have been underage students with alcohol in one of the rooms in the residence hall.

While the officer talked with that room’s residents, resident assistants stopped a student in the hallway who was carrying a 30-pack of Coors Light beer.

The student showed the officer his driver’s license, which confirmed he was underage, and he told police that he had already drank three of the beers.

The student said that a friend had purchased the beer for him, but the student would not reveal his friend’s identity.

The students with whom the officer had originally been talking denied drinking, and the officer could not see any evidence of illegal substances in their room through their doorway.

An unknown person assaulted a student outside Yavapai Residence Hall, 1222 E. South Campus Drive, at 3 a.m. Nov. 19, reports stated.

The student said that after he exited his friend’s car in front of the residence hall, he was struck from behind.

He did not see his attacker, and because he was intoxicated at the time, the student did not realize he needed medical attention.

He went to his room and slept until 2 p.m.

When he woke up, he felt he needed medical help and went to the University Medical Center, 1501 N. Campbell Ave.

The student told police he thought that the attack might have been a retaliation after his friend cut off a vehicle at an intersection.

The student suffered cuts on his face and body.

Due to the time that had elapsed since the assault, the UMC staff could not easily treat the student’s cuts.

A student’s stereo was stolen from her car sometime between 10:30 a.m. Nov. 17 and 2:30 p.m. Nov. 18 in a parking lot at 421 N. Cherry Ave., reports stated.

An unknown person punched one of the car’s door locks, cracked its dashboard and took its $280 stereo.

The student told police that nothing else from the vehicle was missing.

Police have no suspects and no witnesses.

An unknown person damaged the wrought iron fence surrounding the air conditioning unit for Alpha Chi Omega sorority house, 1775 E. First St., sometime between midnight Nov. 16 and 7 a.m. Nov. 17, reports stated.

The sorority’s cook stated that someone backed into the fence with a vehicle.

The impact damaged the fence’s gate, cement edging and the air conditioning unit.

Police have no suspects.

An unknown person stole a student’s computer from his room in Villa del Puente Residence Hall, 575 N. Highland Avenue, sometime between 11:50 p.m. and 11:55 p.m. Nov. 17, reports stated.

The student told police that he had left his room unlocked to go to the restroom.

When he returned, his $1,500 laptop was missing.

The student talked with other residents to check if they had seen anyone go into his room, but no one had seen anything suspicious.

A 21-year-old student was transported to UMC at 9:36 p.m. after she drank 10 shots of vodka in the span of an hour and a half, reports stated.

Police arrived at La Aldea Residence Hall, 825 E. Fifth St., to find the Tucson Fire Department already treating the vomiting woman.

Her friend told police that she and the student were having a drinking contest.

An unknown person scratched the letters “”MSG”” into a men’s bathroom mirror at the Steward Observatory, 933 N. Cherry Ave., sometime between 5 p.m. Nov. 16 and 3 a.m. Nov. 17, reports stated.

The building’s custodial staff found the vandalism the morning of Nov. 17 when they arrived for work.

Police Beat is compiled from official University of Arizona Police?Department reports. For a complete list of UAPD activity, the daily resume can be found at http://www.uapd.arizona.edu