Autopsy: student stabbed 21 times

Mia Henderson, the 18-year-old UA student who was slain inside her dorm room Sept. 5, was stabbed 21 times with a knife, according to autopsy reports released yesterday.

Several internal organs suffered injuries that ultimately led to Henderson’s death.

She was stabbed 14 times in the back, once to the cheek, twice in the neck and once to the shoulder, in addition to other incised wounds, according to reports.

Henderson and her roommate, Galareka Harrison, 18, were transported to University Medical Center early in the morning of Sept. 5, where Henderson was pronounced dead upon arrival.

Harrison was arrested later that afternoon and has been indicted on first-degree murder charges for Henderson’s death.

The two women lived together in Graham-Greenlee Residence Hall on a floor designed to help American Indian students transition to college life. Both women are of Navajo descent but from different towns.

Theft accusations soured relations between the two women, as Henderson accused Harrison of stealing her CatCard, a $500 check and her social security card, according to court documents.

Police reports detail a rundown of the slaying.

Harrison bought a knife on the night of Sept. 4. She entered the dorm room early in the morning, when Henderson was sleeping, and wrote a fake suicide note from Harrison’s perspective meant to negate the theft charges. Then, after a moment of contemplation, Harrison stabbed Henderson multiple times.

Harrison is currently being held at Pima County Jail under a bond of $500,000.

– The Associated Press contributed to this report.