Police Beat

Police were dispatched at 9:58 p.m. Sept. 14 to Posada San Pedro Residence Hall, 601 N. Highland Ave., after they received a call from someone worried a friend was contemplating suicide.

Police spoke to the student, who said he had no intention of harming himself. When questioned further, the student admitted to being “”upset earlier,”” and being stressed over classes, according to reports.

The student declined any further assistance from police.

Police informed him of ways to get help for depression. Police then notified the on-call hall director and resident assistants about the situation. The director and RAs said they would keep an eye on the student and help him academically.

Police were dispatched to restrooms at 1610 E. University Blvd. at 5:11 p.m. Sept. 14 after receiving reports of graffiti.

Police inspected the male and female restrooms. The male restroom had swastikas drawn on the wall and the hand dryer. “”Blood Killer”” and “”UofA”” were written on the wall. Racist anti-Arab remarks were also present. Pink graffiti covered the trash can.

There was also some graffiti in the female restroom. Pictures were taken in both restrooms, and custodians were called in to clean up the markings.

Police have no suspects or witnesses.

Police were called to Sky View Apartments, 1050 E. Eighth St., Sept. 14 when a resident assistant reported smelling marijuana on the second floor.

Police smelled the odor of burnt marijuana coming from a room, and upon entering found a bag of marijuana. Police asked the man present what was in the bag.

“”Nothing,”” he said, according to reports. When police questioned him further, the man admitted the bag was his.

Police also found a glass pipe and glass stems. The student was cited and released for marijuana possession and possession of drug paraphernalia.

A girl in the room was also found to have marijuana, a pipe and lighters in her purse. Being a minor, she was referred to her father.

A woman was cited and released for extreme DUI at around 11:30 p.m. Sept. 13.

Police stopped the woman on North Tyndall Avenue for driving 10 mph in a 30-mph zone and obstructing traffic in a curb lane. The woman did not have her driver’s license with her.

Police conducted a field sobriety test, and the woman performed poorly. When asked to stand on one leg, she replied, “”I can’t do it,”” according to reports. She also could not complete a walk-and-turn test.

Police Beat is compiled from official University of Arizona Police Department reports. A complete list of UAPD activity can be found at http://www.uapd.arizona.edu.