Calendar

Today

• ? “”L’Esquive”” – “”L’Esquive”” translates to “”Games of Love and Chance,”” and is set in a suburban neighborhood where a group of mostly poor, immigrant teenagers are rehearsing for an 18th century play. The child acting is reportedly phenomenal, with an energetic and shining cast. This 2003 French film is presented as part of the French and Francophone Film Festival. 7 p.m. Free. Manuel T. Pacheco Integrated Learning Center, Room 120

Tomorrow

• “”Who is Bozo Texino?”” – An in-person outdoor screening of Bill Daniel’s recent documentary “”Who is Bozo Texino?”” The film follows a railroad hobo as he travels throughout the beautiful American West. It’s a film about what it really means to be a hobo, and you know you’ve always wondered. 7:30 p.m. $5. Southern Arizona Transportation Museum, 400 N. Toole Ave.
  • First Friday Shorts – It’s the first Friday of April and you know what that means! Come out to enjoy unique short films from Tucsonans and watch them get gonged off the screen as beer bottles clatter down the movie theater rows. You’ve got to love The Loft. 9 p.m. $5. The Loft Cinema, 3233 E. Speedway Blvd.
  • Saturday

• Man Man and Golden Boots – Philadelphia’s Man Man performs with local band Golden Boots. Golden Boots plays alternative country music, i.e. whiny but catchy acoustic music, and Man Man makes electronic collaborations with, you guessed it, other men. 9 p.m. $8. Solar Culture, 31 E. Toole Ave.
  • The Whirling Dervishes of Rumi – Brought to you by the Foundation of Inter-Cultural Dialogue, this ceremony of spirituality features music, dance, and the dervishes who spin around in white robes. Apparently “”spinning”” is a ritual that’s seven centuries old, yet no one I know has heard of it. 7 p.m. $15 to $45. Centennial Hall
  • Sunday

• Carrie Clark – Performing Songwriter magazine says, “”If Margo Timmins of the Cowboy Junkies and Merle Haggard had a baby, she would be Carrie Clark.”” She’s also ridiculously good-looking behind her acoustic guitar. With another acoustic singer/songwriter, Serpe. 9:30 p.m. Free. Plush, 340 E. Sixth St. (21+)

Monday

• Prisons and Police: Focus on Brutality – Voices of Opposition presents film clips that examine the growth of the prison-industrial complex as well as the behavior of Tucson police. There will be discussions of the film clips. It’s like learning, except about something you really want to know, like how to keep cops from beating you up (hint: always have a video camera with you). 7 p.m. Free. UA Aerospace and Mechanical Engineering auditorium, 1130 N. Mountain Ave.

Tuesday

• Virgin College Mega Tour – You’d be hard pressed to find a more diverse concert, but Talib Kweli, Sugarcult and William Tell are together at last, performing on one stage (albeit not together). Talib Kweli is a hip-hop star, Sugarcult is an appealing pop-punk band whose hit song “”Pretty Girl”” cemented its place in the hearts of emo kids everywhere and William Tell is a pop-punk boy whose music is irresistible with its infusion of keyboards and a drum machine. $15 to $25 for UA students, $20 to $30 general admission. Centennial Hall
  • Say Hi To Your Mom – Say Hi To Your Mom has a huge self-made following, and the band’s latest self-released CD Impeccable Blah (2006) is not only fun to listen to, but also has a pink cover. Pink is so in. They’re performing with the afro-beat band Music Video and local indie-poppers The Swim. 9 p.m. $6. Plush, 340 E. Sixth St. (21+)
  • Wednesday

• Augustana – The band is touring once again with songs from the 2005 debut All the Stars and Boulevards, and hopefully they’ll be playing new songs to continue plowing their way into music history. Or something like that. With David Ford and Vega 4. 7 p.m. $16.50. Club Congress, 311 E. Congress St. (21+)

– compiled by Alexandria Kassman