Date Book

Wednesday, July 2

Yoga Stretch and Relaxation to Reduce Arthritis Pain: From 6-7:30 p.m. tonight, members of the Arizona Arthritic Center will stretch you out at the UA College of Medicine. Learn gentle yoga postures that can be used to reduce arthritis-related pain. Contact Michelle Cornett at 626-5040 for pre-registration.

Friday, July 4

Three-day weekend! No classes today to observe Independence Day. All of the university will be closed. The UA will host its annual fireworks show from atop campus parking garages. Park on the top level of the Sixth Street, Tyndall Avenue, Main Gate, Park Avenue and Highland Avenue garages. Show starts at 9:30 p.m.
    At approximately 9 p.m., the 13th annual fireworks celebration from “”A”” Mountain begins. Parking is available in the parking lot at Granada Avenue and Cushing Street. Call 791-4101 for more information.

Tuesday, July 8

Didn’t get enough freedom-filled fun on Independence Day? Celebrate again. The first Independence Day was celebrated in Philadelphia on July 8, 1776. The Liberty Bell sounded from the tower of Independence Hall, summoning citizens for the first public reading of the Declaration of Independence by Colonel John Nixon. Sorry, school and work are still in session.