The Chicago Bulls selected Dalen Terry with the 18th pick in the 2022 NBA draft

Jackie Cabrera

University of Arizona’s Dalen Terry celebrates his assist on Saturday Feb. 5 at McKale Center. Terry finished the game with four assists and nine points helping the Wildcats win 72-63.

The Chicago Bulls have selected University of Arizona guard Dalen Terry with the No. 18 pick in the 2022 NBA draft.

Terry played two seasons at Arizona and showed improvement in every area of his game this past season. He averaged 8 points, 4.8 rebounds and 3.9 assists on about 50% shooting from the field while being about 36% from deep.

Terry played 28 minutes per game for the Wildcats and was the heart and soul of the team. He provided energy, elite athleticism and above-average defense and passing.

RELATED: The Indiana Pacers select Bennedict Mathurin with the 6th pick in the 2022 NBA Draft

Terry will be a good fit with the Bulls because of his versatility with all of the things he does well on the court.  Chicago is in need of stronger defensive players alongside their star scorers Zach LaVine and DeMar DeRozan, added Terry provides that. The underrated part of his game is his scoring; it continues to improve yearly.

Follow Ryan Wohl on Twitter