Divers travel to Oklahoma City

The Arizona men’s and women’s diving teams head to the “”Zone E”” diving Championships in Oklahoma City this week. The event takes place from today until Saturday and is the diving team’s chance to join fellow swimming teammates at the NCAA Championships.

At the “”Zone E,”” the top three on the 1-meter and 3m boards will advance to the NCAA Championships along with the top two from the platform competition.

The Wildcats will have a strong presence at the “”Zone E”” competition, with senior Tiffany Manning leading the way. Manning took the platform competition at the Pacific 10 Conference Championships and also posted third-place finishes in both the 1m and 3m boards competition.

Earlier in the year, Manning also won the 2005 Trojan Diving Invitational platform diving competition.

Throughout the dual meet season, Manning has captured seven 1m wins and six 3m wins.

Last year at this event the Wildcat women came away with two divers advancing to the national championships in all three events.

The men’s team looks to fellow senior John Collier. Collier qualified for the NCAA Championships for both events at the Pac-10s, where he finished fifth in the 3m and sixth in the 1m. He also posted an eighth place for the platform diving.

Last year at the NCAA’s, Collier finished just behind the defending NCAA Champion and ASU senior Joona Puhakka in the 1m.

Another Wildcat to keep an eye on is junior Patrick Sullivan. He took seventh in 1m and sixth in platform competition at the Pac-10 Championships and also finished tenth in the 3m.