“On the Spot: Todd Shimek, physiology freshman”

When is it okay to date or talk to one of your good friends’ ex, or is it ever okay?

You have to ask the person, like your friend, because if they are not cool with it then you totally shouldn’t do it. But it’s really up to them; they kind of have, like, dibs because they’ve been there first, ya’ know?

Have you ever been on either end of that — where someone has dated your ex or you’ve dated theirs?

No, not really. Never really been an issue.

So going through your week, what is the absolute worst night for you?

I would say Monday night because I have a lot of school and I have my bio lab, which is like three hours. It is ridiculous.

Do you just constantly have your nose in the books, or what?

Yeah, pretty often, but obviously if you get stuff done earlier then you have more time to do whatever you want.

What is your dream career path with the physiology major? What do you want to do?

I want to be a plastic surgeon and gender re-assignment.

Very interesting, I’m thinking L.A.?

Probably L.A. or Florida.

Definitely Miami or something. So who do you think has the worst plastic surgery ever done on them?

I don’t know. I heard Megan Fox actually had a nose job, which I’m surprised by because she’s really pretty, but I guess her nose was bigger. But, I don’t know; I really don’t know that much about celebrity surgery botches.

You should probably, like, research into that since you are going to be fixing them. Do you know who Nicki Minaj is?

What do you mean Minaj?

That’s her last name. She’s a rapper.

I’ve never heard of her, sorry. What is the point of this interview though?

You are just getting put ‘On the Spot’, hence the random questions. So you’re probably going to be, like, famous after tomorrow.

Whoa, that’s pretty cool. I’ll let all my friends know.

—Caroline Nachazel