Police Beat: November 19

Bedtime

At around 10 p.m. on Friday, a Tucson Fire Department ambulance took a UA student from Apache-Santa Cruz Residence Hall to the University of Arizona Medical Center for extreme intoxication.

Earlier that evening, a resident assistant called the University of Arizona Police Department to inform officers of a student stumbling up the stairs on the third floor of the residence hall.

When officers arrived, the student was in his room sitting on a chair with his head in a trashcan.

When officers asked him if he was OK he said he “just wanted to go to bed.”

The officers noticed that the student’s breath smelled like alcohol and that he had red, watery eyes and was slurring his speech. When he stood, the student swayed back and forth, almost falling into the wall.

The officers called TFD to the scene to examine the student. He told TFD personnel he had taken several shots of vodka that night. TFD then took the student to UAMC.

The student was cited later that night and diverted to the Dean of Students Office.

Lean on me

A UA student was diverted to the Dean of Students Office on Friday for drinking underage.

Two UAPD officers were on patrol driving a golf cart through the Coronado Residence Hall parking lot on Friday when they saw a student sitting on a wall, leaning against another student.

When the officers approached the two women, the leaning student was unable to sit up. The officers noted that the student also had bloodshot, watery eyes and her breath smelled strongly of alcohol.

The student said “I’m OK” repeatedly, and the officers noticed her slurred speech.

The woman with her told the officers they had been at a party at the SlaughterHouse, and that she hadn’t had anything to drink, but her friend had been drinking vodka.

She told the officers that her friend had stopped drinking about two hours earlier, but she was going to stay with the friend all night to make sure she was OK.

The drunk student was diverted to the Dean of Students Office.

Pre-game

A UA student was diverted to the Dean of Students Office for charges of minor in possession of alcohol at 12:35 p.m. on Saturday.

Two UAPD officers were standing outside of Likins Hall when the resident assistant on duty came out and told them that a female student was passed out in a bathroom on the third floor.

The officers went upstairs to find the student conscious and breathing and asked her to come outside and speak with them.

The officers noticed the student had bloodshot, watery eyes and a flushed face and smelled of alcohol. The student told officers she had drunk three shots of vodka an hour ago, and declined medical attention.

She said the shots were provided at a “pre-game” party but could not remember where the party had taken place.

Officers diverted the student to the Deans of Students Office.

– Follow Adriana Espinosa @adri_eee