Arizona hockey to host the UNLV Rebels

Wildcat+Jake+Dickison+%2822%29+makes+an+aggressive+play+at+the+puck+to+start+a+fast+break+during+the+game+against+Arizona+State+on+Friday+evening.+
Beau Leone
Wildcat Jake Dickison (22) makes an aggressive play at the puck to start a fast break during the game against Arizona State on Friday evening.

Arizona hockey (11-2) will host the University of Nevada, Las Vegas Rebels (9-5) in a two-game home series inside Tucson Arena this week.

The Wildcats are coming off a close sweep of Western Michigan at home. In the first game of the two-game series, the Wildcats held off the Broncos and won by a final score of 5-3. The second game was closer, as it was decided by a final score of 3-2.

The Wildcats have a 7-2 home record this season and are currently ranked first in the Western Collegiate Hockey League (WCHL).

RELATED: Arizona hockey splits weekend action against ASU

The Rebels are coming off a bye after going 1-5 on the road for the season. Their only road win came when they beat ASU on Sept. 21 by a final score of 4-2. 

Since then, they have lost five away games in a row. The first came from 1-3 loss to Davenport University and they gave up the last two to Minot State. The first Minot State game was lost by a score of 2-6 and the second by a final score of 2-3.

Catch the Wildcats in action this Thursday, Nov. 21 at 7:30 p.m. and again on Saturday, Nov. 23 at 1 p.m.

Follow Jon Rice on Twitter