Seven reasons to go to Coachella

Last week, Coachella, the three-day music festival in Indio, Calif., released the set list for this year’s festival. Coachella will be taking place April 16 to April 18. The talent that will be performing is incredible, and the people who run Coachella did a great job with picking bands to headline the event. Here is a quick reference of which bands would be the best to see, and the overall best day to go to the event.

FRIDAY APRIL 16

Jay-Z is headlining the event, and in comparison to the other bands, fails to meet the caliber of the other acts on the day. Here are bands you should see:

1. La Roux

La Roux hails from the U.K. and offers a new voice in the crazy world of pop music. Debuting last year, her smash hit “”Bulletproof”” was a chart topper all summer. She is supposed to be great live and is guaranteed to put on a good set.

2. Passion Pit

The American electronic band from Massachusetts debuted in 2007 with Chunk of Change. Its recent album Manners came out last year and was stunning. The band’s most popular song “”Sleepyhead”” can be recognized from TV commercials and shows. Heard to be a real experience live, and would be a great pick to see.

SATURDAY APRIL 17

Saturday gets our vote as the best day to go to the music festival. The talent on this day outshines the others and would be the most exciting day to go to hear some great music. Most of the day is comprised of electric sounding and mash-up artists, which we love. Here are the bands you should see:

1. MGMT

Obviously, MGMT are a great band. With recognizable songs like “”Kids”” and “”Electric Feel,”” MGMT are above most of the other bands at the festival. They have a really cool sound and will be amazing live.

2. Tiesto

Otherwise known as DJ Tiesto, Tiesto has an incredibly impressive history of performances including performing at the 2004 Summer Olympics in Athens. He just released his latest album Kaleidoscope in October. Tiesto would be a treat to see live because of how talented he is, and how rare of an opportunity to see him live.

SUNDAY APRIL 18

1. Florence & The Machine

This is not your typical “”rock out and dance”” band. Florence & The Machine offers a nice variety to the Coachella music festival. YouTube Florence & The Machine to see what work they have done. Last summer the band did a cover of “”Halo”” by Beyonce and it is stunning. If you are looking for a change of pace at the festival, Florence & The Machine are your band!

2. Gorillaz

Headlining the music festival, the Gorillaz are the brainchild of Damon Albarn and various musicians. The virtual band was created in 1998 and debuted its self-titled album in 2001. Its third album Plastic Beach will coming in March and is expected to be great. This would be a great band to see since they do not tour a lot.

Coachella 2010 looks to be one of the best music festivals this year. Tickets are on sale now at Coachella.com. The Web site also offers hotels near the grounds of the festival, and it would be prime to look there for accommodations close to the festival.