Tatum said blood came from nose

According to the University of Arizona Police Department police report, Sarah Tatum, 19, told police she had a “”bloody nose”” when police arrived at Arizona-Sonora residence hall on Feb. 23 in reference to a woman who was bleeding.

When officers arrived around 5:40 p.m. they asked Tatum if she had been bleeding. She said she had a bloody nose earlier in the shower, but she was fine now, the report said.

When an officer walked toward a “”large lump on the floor”” Tatum said she had a miscarriage and had been about six months pregnant, according to police.

Tatum was charged with first-degree attempted murder and child abuse after police determined she had given birth to a 7-pound boy and put him in a plastic bag, according to an interim complaint filed in Pima County Justice Court.

A University Medical Center official said that, as of Sunday afternoon, the baby remained in critical condition.

New details in the police report, obtained through a public records request submitted to UAPD by the Arizona Daily Wildcat, revealed that Tatum said the father did not know she was pregnant and that she preferred to keep it that way.

Officer Cindy Spasoff also stated in the report that Tatum was very worried that people would find out she was pregnant.

“”Tatum asked me if her parents would find out that she was pregnant,”” Spasoff wrote in the report. “”I told her that we would not tell her parents because she was an adult.””

After she arrived at UMC, Tatum told nurses she had taken iron pills, eaten half a peanut butter sandwich and drank some water after she gave birth, the report said.

She also said nurses were “”jealous”” because she only had four contractions and was able to give birth without taking any painkillers.

While at UMC, Tatum told police her father did not know about the pregnancy and that her parents had lost their jobs in December “”so this would be bad.””

Tucson Police Department officials said the case remained under investigation, as of Feb. 27.