HALFTIME: No. 12 Arizona leads Boise State 44-42

Tyler Baker

Arizona Guard Parker Jackson-Cartwright drives to the basket at McKale Center on Thursday, Nov. 19. The Wildcats are victorious at the end of the game 88-76.

Arizona holds a slight 44-42 lead over Boise State in what has been a high-scoring non-conference affair at McKale Center.

Gabe York leads all UA scorers with 15 points. Parker Jackson-Cartwright added another 12 points.

For the Broncos, junior Nick Duncan has led the way with 16 points, including four three-pointers. All-Mountain West Conference forward Anthony Drmic scored eight points in the half.

The game got off to a quick start, with both teams showing off their shooting flair early.

Arizona and Boise State combined for five 3-pointers in the first five minutes. Gabe York knocked down a pair for the Wildcats and Mark Tollefsen added another.

Eight of the Wildcats’ first 10 shot attempts came from behind the arc.

The scoring continued through the next media timeout, with Boise State leading Arizona 18-17 with 11:44 to go in the half.

The two schools would trade buckets for much of the half. The score margin stayed within one possession until Boise State jumped out to a 36-31 advantage with a little over four minutes to go.

Another York three — his third of the half — closed the Broncos’ lead to 36-34 heading into the final media timeout.

With under a minute to go, the score was tied at 42-all until Parker Jackson-Cartwright spun through the lane and converted a layup to put Arizona ahead 44-42.

Collectively, the Wildcats shot 51.5 percent from the field in the half compared to Boise State’s 48.6 shooting percentage.

Arizona also won the rebounding battle 19-17.

Stay tuned for a postgame recap.

Follow Ezra Amacher on Twitter.