Our Pick

Lisa Beth Earle/ Arizona Daily Wildcat

Powhaus
    Lisa Beth Earle
    Lisa Beth Earle/ Arizona Daily Wildcat Powhaus

Halloween is just around the corner. If you want to get your full-on costumed groove on this weekend, you should check out Powhaus Productions’ “”Something Wicked This Way Comes”” Saturday night at the Rialto Theatre.

Powhaus Productions puts on themed multimedia art parties featuring live music at the Rialto every month.

“”The idea is to create events and excuses to make art and make stuff happen,”” said Jared “”Kitty Katt”” McKinley, the producer and co-creator of Powhaus. “”We just pick a subject and go off on it.””

For this bash, Powhaus is going back to the basics of their first shows.

“”Our first shows were in reaction to the club scene,”” McKinley said.

This show will be Powhaus’ promised rock ‘n’ roll show featuring music by DJ Dan Shapiro and the Mission Creeps, complete with lots of rock — new wave, punk, garage. “”It’s not something you’d hear in the club,”” McKinley said. And, according to McKinley, the show will most likely feature another surprise band.

There will also be other surprises. “”We always go a little bit over our promise,”” McKinley said.

This will be Powhaus’ first Halloween party. According to McKinley, it’s bound to get crazy.

“”One thing we do say is there are no limits, as long as you’re legal. We’ve had some people ride those lines, normally people would get kicked out of a normal club, but we let them stay.””

The party starts at 9 p.m. and ends at 2 a.m. Expect it to go the full five hours.

“”Hopefully we will blow up the Rialto, literally,”” McKinley said.

— Emily Moore