Floyd visits Tucson

USC men’s basketball coach Tim Floyd arrived in Tucson Wednesday night to meet with UA athletics director Jim Livengood regarding Arizona’s coaching vacancy, according to multiple reports.

Floyd arrived at Tucson International Airport this afternoon on a private plane from Santa Monica, Calif., according to reports. After meeting with Livengood at an undisclosed location, he departed back to California around 7 p.m.

A deal, however, has not been finalized nor officially announced as of press time on Wednesday night.

The speculation comes after a day of erroneous reporting and non-credible, anonymous sources. According to the East Valley Tribune, Oklahoma’s coach Jeff Capel had begun talks with Livengood.

Later in the afternoon, however, the Norman Transcript reported that the report was false, citing its own anonymous sources.

CBSSports.com also reported that Gonzaga’s Mark Few was offered the job.

Tim Floyd, 55, has been coaching at the collegiate and NBA levels for more than 20 seasons. Most recently, he led USC to a 22-13 record during the 2008-09 season, which included a Pacific 10 Conference Tournament championship and an NCAA Tournament berth – Floyd’s third in his four seasons at the Trojans’ helm.

USC went 85-50 (39-33 Pac-10) under Floyd’s guidance the last four seasons, and went to the Sweet 16 in the 2006-07 season.

Before he came to USC, Floyd spent some time in the NBA – posting a dismal 93-235 record. He has had much more success at the college level.