Holiday wear

Holiday wear

It’s beginning to look a lot like Christmas. Or Hanukkah. Or any other holiday you celebrate during the month of December – With the holidays quickly approaching, it can only mean one thing – holiday parties and dinners.

This week, Fashion Facts took a trip to Divaz Boutique, 922 E. University Blvd., with psychology freshman Alyssa McCutcheon and dance junior Kelsey Davis, to find the perfect holiday styles for any occasion.

It’s cool to be casual

Parties hosted by friends can call for a more casual yet still sparkly look. Davis dresses in a fun pair of rhinestone-studded jeans, a simple red tank top and black sequined three-quarter length sweater to add some glitter. Paired with black and gold flats and a black and gold purse to match, it’s the ideal casual look. It’s comfy enough to chill on the couch with friends, but still dressy enough to look cute in pictures. Black sweater $32, red tank top $22, jeans $77.

For something different, McCutcheon dresses in a green and gold top with a sequined gold camisole underneath. She pairs it with jeans and the same gold shoes she wore with her party dress. The glittery gold top brings out the gold lining in the green top and adds a flair that won’t go un-noticed. Green top $30. Gold camisole $42

The perfect party dresses

You can never go wrong with the little black dress at holiday parties. They are easy to dress up or down, depending on the occasion and can be fairly inexpensive.

Since Arizona is notorious for 75-degree weather in December, Davis dons a sleeveless, v-neck, jersey dress with rhinestone beading. The dress shows enough skin to be sexy, but is long enough to also have a classy feel to it. It’s ideal for indoor dinner parties or the holiday work party. Paired with the dress is a classic pair of strappy sandals and a little black purse. Chilly? Pair it with a little black sweater or a fun pea coat. Dress $42. Shoes $28.

If you tend to get cold easily, look for a sleeved dress like McCutcheon. This is also the perfect party dress. This dress has a loose fit and can be easily dressed up or down. For a bright, holiday feel, pair it with a funky gold belt and sparkly gold shoes. This a great dress for parties hosted outside on a heated patio or for attending religious services. Dress $38. Shoes $28.