Final Regular Season Road Trip for Women’s Tennis

This weekend will be the fourth consecutive week the Wildcats will have to travel to meet their match, but it marks the last time they will have to do so this season.

No. 32 Arizona (10-8, 1-2 Pacific 10 Conference) heads up to Washington (2-13, 0-4) today for the first meeting of the season, set to take place at noon. The Wildcats play at Washington State (11-9, 0-4) tomorrow also at noon.

“”It’s a big weekend,”” said freshman captain Danielle Steinberg, ranked No. 48, the only Wildcat to win both of her matches in a losing effort for the Arizona women last weekend.

Due to some women sustaining some minor injuries as well as some tiring out from the season, practices have been cut shorter this week, junior Kasia Jakowlew said.

“”We’ve recovered from the tough weekends and are fresh and ready to go,”” she said.

Arizona enters the competition coming off a hard loss to two highly-ranked California schools.

“”It’s a setback when you lose, but we have played good teams and know they are tough matches,”” Jakowlew said. “”But we aren’t beating ourselves up about it.””

The team is hoping that the schools farther up the coast won’t cause as many problems as the other conference teams have so far this season.

“”We know we have to win,”” Steinberg said. “”We’re focusing on us and not looking at them.””