10 things to do when you’re under 21

It can be tough trying to find fun and exciting things to do in Tucson if you’re under the age of 21. While your roommates and friends are going out to bars, you can enjoy some of the other things that this city has to offer.

The Summer Wildcat has comprised a list of suggested activities that will keep you occupied and out of trouble … maybe.

1. A time-honored Tucson tradition that should not be passed up is cruising down Speedway Boulevard. Beg, borrow or steal a ride and get out there with the windows down and the radio up. Keep the car in a straight line and enjoy the ride. It’s a good way to meet new people and find your way around town.

2. Go play miniature golf or drive go-karts at Golf-N-Stuff at 6503 E. Tanque Verde Rd. You can also enjoy laser tag, as well as arcade games.

3. Grab some friends and a roll of quarters, and go hit baseballs at Home Plate, a sports bar and grill with good food, six batting cages and pool tables located at 4880 E. 22nd St.

4. Grab your skates and head out to Skate Country at 7980 E. 22nd St. Rentals are available, and the snack bar will keep you fueled up.

5. Get over to Lucky Strike Bowl, located at 4015 E. Speedway Blvd., Sunday through Thursday nights to enjoy 50-cent games, or stop by Friday and Saturday for Cosmic bowling.

6. Schedule a class at the Sonoran Glass Art Academy, where local glass blowing experts will teach you the trade, then let you get your hands dirty. Make a vase for your parents or a bong for yourself. Located at 633 W. 18th St. or call (520) 884-7814.

7. Take a walk on the wild side, and reserve a skydiving session at Tucson Skydiving. Tandem skydiving is available for immediate reservations, or accellerated freefall is available for those willing to take classes. Call 1-800-791-5867 for a reservation.

8. The Ice Cats hockey team plays at the Tucson Convention Center beginning in October. Join 8,000 other fans, and don’t miss games against the rival Ice Devils out of Arizona State University.

9. Get a tattoo. Bring something home to show your folks just how responsible the college life has made you. Just remember that contrary to popular myth about tattoos, cheaper is not always better.

10. See a movie at the UA’s Gallagher Theater. This Student Affairs-run theater brings students a broad mixture of films at or below $3 and offers popcorn and snacks as well.

Whatever you decide to do, remember that underage drinking is illegal. There are plenty of things to do in this town that are not illegal. So take off those headphones, get up off of that futon and get out there and experience what this city has to offer.