Top Five picks

Tucson moviegoers have a pretty wide selection this weekend. Whether you’re looking for Irish singers, bloodthirsty killers or guitar-shredding punk rockers, we’ve got it covered.

Once

This Irish musical tells the tale of a musician and a Czech immigrant who fall in love. While most musicals tend to be gimmicky, this film provides a modern take on the genre. Playing only at The Loft Cinema, 3233 E. Speedway Blvd.

Halloween

Apparently Hollywood thinks Halloween now takes place on Aug. 31. Hard rocker turned moviemaker Rob Zombie provides his take on the legendary “”Halloween”” saga with this new movie. Expect blood, guts and some gratuitous nudity.

Punk’s Not Dead

This documentary offers a unique look at the world of punk rock. “”Punk’s Not Dead”” shows how our rock culture has changed for the worse since the glory days of punk. Bands like the Sex Pistols, Black Flag and Green Day are featured. Playing only at The Loft.

Ladron que roba a Ladron

This film follows two thieves who, you guessed it, want to steal some stuff. This time, however, they’re looking to steal from an infomercial star who legally takes from poor immigrants. Think of it as “”Robin Hood”” reloaded.

Ratatouille

If you’re in the mood for some cheap fun (no, not that kind), this summer blockbuster is now at the cheap theaters. Even though this animated feature is aimed at kids, it still serves as a great getaway after a stressful week.

– compiled by Patrick Valenzuela