Arizona track and field heads to Don Kirby Invitational

The No. 10 men’s and No. 13 women’s track and field teams will compete in two meets this weekend.

The teams will be split: distance runners in Husky Classic in Seattle, Wash. and the throwers, jumpers and sprinters at the Don Kirby Invitational in Albuquerque, N.M.

In Seattle, sophomore Nicci Corbin, sophomore Kate Penney and freshman Hanna Peterson will be competing in the mile. Also for the women’s team, sophomores Stephanie Bulder, Molly Callahan and Clea Formaz will be running the 3000-meter. Senior Jen Bergman will compete in the 5K in her season debut.

For the men’s squad, sophomore Sam Macaluso, junior Rory McLeod and junior Braden Timpe will be competing in the mile. Competing in the 3,000-meter are sophomore Kenji Biering and freshmen Jonas Legernes and Thomas Valente. Junior Lawi Lalang is set to compete in the 800-meter.

In Albuquerque, the men’s team will be represented by senior Edgar Rivera-Morales and freshman Jonny Giess competing in the high jump. Sophomore Jovon Cunningham and junior Keegan Cooke will compete in the long jump, with Cunningham also competing in the triple jump. Set to compete in the 400-meter is junior Sean Delfani, who is also leading the 4×400-meter relay. Delfani will be joined in the relay by senior Clifton Leake, sophomore Branden Helms and freshman Bernard Dickerson-Quinn.

For the women, senior Taylor Freeman and sophomore Baillie Gibson will compete in the weight throw and will then be joined by senior Julie Labonté, junior Alyssa Hasslen and senior Omotayo Talabi in the shot put competition. In the 400 meter, Senior Georganne Moline, juniors Shapri Romero and Shale’ Garland will be competing. Romero, Garland, junior Tamara Pridgett and junior Germe Poston are set to compete in the 200-meter. Poston will also run the 60-meter dash. The 4×400-meter relay will be comprised of Romero, Garland, Pridgett and Moline.

The Wildcats will be competing against big names this weekend. In Seattle this includes Florida, whose men’s team is ranked second and women’s team is ranked seventh. Oregon, whose men’s team is ranked fourth and women’s team is ranked fifth, will also compete. The men’s team in Albuquerque will face a no. 5 Arizona State team.

Live results for the Wildcats competing in the Don Kirby Invitational will be available at liverunningresults.com.