POBEAT:9/9/16

Coming in clutch

A University of Arizona Police Department officer responded to the Pima Residence Hall on Aug. 28 in response to a male UA student found lying unresponsive on his bedroom floor.

A Resident Assistant found the student when she was attempting to evacuate residents from their rooms because of a water leak in the bathroom. 

The RA said she tried to wake the student up but was unable to. According to police, the RA said the student was clutching a bottle of alcohol. 

When the UAPD officer arrived, the male student was awake and was able to answer the door to his room, walk and answer questions on his own. 

The officer noticed a partially empty can of Budweiser beer on the student’s desk and a backpack filled with several cans of beer. 

When the officer asked if the student had been drinking, the student said he had “been drinking all day,” according to police. 

The student was diverted to the Dean of Student’s office for a Minor in Possession of Alcohol. 

Pukes of hazard 

A UAPD officer was assisting RA’s with rounds at Arbol de la Vida on Aug. 28 when one of the RA’s received a phone call from a resident reporting a college-age male in the men’s bathroom vomiting. 

When the officer made it to the floor of the report, the officer smelled a strong odor of vomit and intoxicants. 

The officer walked into the bathroom and noticed the student learning up against a sink counter vomiting and then rinsing his mouth with water, according to police. 

During the time the officer asked for Tucson Fire Department to come and assess the student’s condition; the student had vomited three times. 

When Student EMS arrived on the scene, the student told them he had drank approximately five shots of vodka in a room in Arbol de la Vida but could not remember the room number or building. According to police, the student had slurred speech and watery, blood-shot eyes.

When Tucson Fire Department arrived, they assessed the student and said he appeared to be recovering. TFD said they would clear the student so long as his roommate agreed to stay with him for the night. The student’s roommate agreed and would call 911 if things got worse.

The UAPD officer told the male UA student he would be diverted to the Dean of Students for underage consumption of alcohol. The student said he understood and then stepped into a bathroom stall to use the toilet, according to police.