Police Beat

Frat party shut down on noise violation
    Police responded to a call about a disturbance at the Phi Kappa Psi fraternity house on Nov. 14 at 11:17 p.m.

A sergeant with the Tucson Police Department told the University of Arizona Police Department they had responded to the house regarding a loud party. The sergeant also said there were more than 200 people in the house.

A UAPD officer met with a man in the house and told him the party needed to be shut down and everyone who did not live there needed to leave. Officers watched while people left.

The man was told by TPD that if any more complaints regarding loud house parties were received, he would return and arrest the highest-ranking authority in the house for disorderly conduct.

Police called Greek Life representatives and told them about the situation. A referral was also sent to the Dean of Students Office.

Man found vomiting in SUMC trash can gets MIP
    A man was cited and released for being a minor in possession of alcohol on Nov. 15 at 1:54 a.m.

An officer saw a man standing over a garbage can vomiting into, on and next to the garbage can outside the Student Union Memorial Center Game Room on the first floor.

A second man walked over to the area where the man was vomiting. The officer made contact with the two men. He reported he could immediately smell vomit and an odor of alcohol coming from the man who was bent over the trash can. The man also had vomit on his nose and face.

The man refused to answer the officer’s questions. He was cited and released for being a minor in possession of alcohol. He was also referred to the Dean of Students Office.

Apache-Santa Cruz resident found with marijuana
    A man was referred to the Dean of Students Office for possession of marijuana on Nov. 16 at 9:11 p.m.

Police were dispatched to Apache-Santa Cruz Residence Hall regarding an odor of marijuana. An officer made contact with a resident assistant, who said she smelled the odor when she walked by one of the rooms that had an open door. She took officers to the room.

The door was partially open, and police reported they could detect a faint odor of marijuana coming from the room. Inside was a man sitting in a chair playing video games.

An officer asked if he could enter the room and talk to the man. The man said yes. He told the officer he had not been smoking in his room that evening, but admitted to smoking outside the dorm on prior occasions. Police reported that the man was visibly nervous. He was shaking his hands and licking his lips.

Police then asked the man if they could search his room. He said yes. Police then told the man they knew he had marijuana in his room and, to spare them trouble, to show them where it was.

The man then reached into his desk drawer and pulled out a small plastic sandwich bag containing a small amount of marijuana. He also gave police a glass pipe, which he said he used to smoke marijuana.

All items were confiscated and placed into evidence. The man was referred to the Dean of Students Office for possession of marijuana.

More MIPs for partiers
    Two men were cited and released for being minors in possession of alcohol on Nov. 16 at 2:14 a.m.

An officer saw two men sitting on a bench on the north side of Babcock Residence Hall, one with his head between his legs, the other with his arm around the man. The officer made contact with the men to check their welfare.

Both men had a strong odor of intoxicants coming from their mouth, slurred speech and bloodshot, watery eyes. One man told the officer he was just tired and was not having any problems.

Both men admitted to drinking at a party off campus.

They were cited and released for being minors in possession of alcohol. They were also referred to the Dean of Students Office.

Man peed on stairwell; puddle found by police
    Police responded to a call reporting a man exposing his genitalia on the south side of Coronado Residence Hall on Nov. 16.

A woman called officers and said she was returning to the dorm and was walking up the stairwell on the south side when she observed a man urinating on the ramp area below. She said she saw the man’s penis outside of his pants as he was urinating. The man was described as 5 feet 11 inches and approximately 20 years old.

The woman told officer she made contact with the man at the top of the stairs and asked him if he was a resident of the dorm. He said he was not a UA student. The woman told him she was going to call police. The man said he did not think she would. He then walked eastbound through the parking lot to the south side of Arizona-Sonora Residence Hall.

Officers saw a large puddle on top of the stairwell where the woman said she observed the man urinating.

The woman said she could identify the man again if she saw him. She said she wanted to press charges against the man for indecent exposure.

Officers searched the area for a man matching her description, but none was found.