Hot ‘n’ not Oct. 16

File Photo/The Daily Wildcat

File Photo/The Daily Wildcat

Hot

Freshman Rondae Hollis-Jefferson led the blue team with 18 points in the annual McDonald’s Red-Blue Game on Saturday.

Arizona softball player Chelsea Goodacre had eight home runs during the past weekend, hitting three home runs in one game.

Freshman forward Aaron Gordon’s 360-degree through-the-legs slam-dunk was on fire, and he was named the champion for the 2013 dunk contest.

Baseball head coach Andy Lopez’s triple bypass surgery went well and he is now at home looking forward to a fast recovery so he can be back on the field before the season begins in February.

The Kansas City Chiefs beat the Raiders last Sunday and have won their first six games of the season. They’ll look to continue their winning streak when they face the Texans this upcoming Sunday.

Dodgers pitcher Hyun-Jin Ryu pitched seven scoreless innings during game 3 of the National League Championship Series on Monday night as the Dodgers defeated the Cardinals 3-0.

Major league baseball player David Ortiz’s grand slam was a sight to see for Boston Red Sox fans during the eighth inning of game two of the American League Championship Series. That gland slam was the reason for the 6-5 Red Sox’s victory over the Detroit Tigers.

Despite his 2-year-old son’s recent death, the Minnesota Vikings’ Adrian Peterson still suited up and played this past Sunday.

Not

ASU stands at No. 2 in the Pac-12 South division, while the Wildcats are fifth. The Wildcats have until Nov. 30 to fix their mistakes before they face their rival.

The New York Giants are running on a six-game losing streak.

Eli Manning stands on the cold side, as he has 15 interceptions in his first six games. Manning is making his way to his worst season in history.

Panthers’ defensive end Greg Hardy claimed he could “dominate” recent NBA champion LeBron James in a game of one-on-one basketball. Hardy lost his heat when he contradicted himself later in the interview, saying it would be a tight game.

Pittsburgh Steelers head coach Mike Tomlin decided to take the fun out of touchdowns, as he will no longer allow his players to do any kind of somersaults as they run into the end zone.

After being waived by the Los Angeles Lakers in June, current NBA free agent Chris Duhon was hit by a car last weekend at the Orlando Mall parking lot. Things for Duhon are not looking hot at all.

—Follow Rose Valenzuela @RoseAlyVal