PoliceBeat

Someone attempted to steal a car Nov. 6 in a parking lot at 1110 N. Cherry Ave., reports stated.

Between 8 a.m. and 4:30 p.m., someone punched the driver’s side lock of the car and damaged the ignition.

The owner told police the alarm was working when she parked the car in the morning and it would be disabled if the car was starting while it was going off. Nothing was missing from the car.

The woman had the car towed away because she could not start the vehicle due to the damage done to the ignition.

Police could not lift any fingerprints because of dirt on the outside of the car.

Police have no suspects or witnesses.

A student was cited and released for possession of drug paraphernalia at Manzanita-Mohave Residence Hall, 1000 N. Park Ave., Nov. 6 at 4:48 p.m., reports stated.

The student’s roommate reported him to the hall director after the student brought marijuana into the shared room. The roommate said he did not feel comfortable having marijuana in the room.

When police arrived at the residence hall, the following day, the student did not know why they were there. The student then said it was because he had marijuana the night before and said that he had rolled a blunt in the room.

Police searched the room and found two clear baggies with two to three pieces of green shake in them. They also found a red glass pipe with residue on it in the top-right side drawer of the student’s desk.

The student said two men from Manzanita-Mohave and Arizona-Sonora Residence Hall smoked the blunt with him off campus.

The student said he had bought a gram of marijuana for $15 from an unidentified person in Arizona-Sonora.

Police e-mailed the two men identified as smoking marijuana with the student. The two did not respond to police.

A female student was transported from Pueblo de la Cienega Residence Hall, 621 N. Highland Ave., to University Medical Center for extreme intoxication Nov. 5. The student was later cited and released for underage drinking, reports stated.

When police arrived at 1:10 a.m., the student was on the floor of her dorm room. The female was incoherent and could not respond to any questions. The student smelled of alcohol and had vomit on the right sleeve of her sweatshirt.

A half-full vodka bottle was found at the foot of the student’s bed. A friend confirmed that the bottle was the student’s.

The woman was still unresponsive when police checked on her at UMC at 5:45 a.m. and was released at 7 a.m. Police contacted the woman again at 10 p.m. in her dorm room to take her statement and issue her a citation.

The woman said she had been at an unidentified fraternity party at an unknown apartment complex off campus. She said she had 18 standard-size shots of vodka over an unknown span of time.

Police Beat is compiled from official University of Arizona Police Department reports. For a complete list of UAPD activity, the daily resume can be found at http://www.uapd.arizona.edu.