Final: No. 7 Arizona piles on early and often during 86-62 victory over Washington

Courtesy of Kaia D’Albora / The Daily 

Arizong forward Stanley Johnson (5) sinks another basket during Arizona’s 86-62 win against Washington in Alaska Airlines Arena in Seattle, Washington on Friday.

No. 7 Arizona (21-4, 9-2 Pac-12) may have started off slow, but the rust came off rather quickly in Seattle against the Washington Huskies (14-10, 3-9) Friday night. The Wildcats went on several runs en route to the 86-62 victory.

Arizona point guard T.J. McConnell registered his third ever collegiate double-double and first with the Wildcats by putting up 10 points, 10 assists and five rebounds in 31 minutes of action.

McConnell was one of five Wildcats who scored in double-figures. Stanley Johnson led the group with 20 points on 7-10 shooting to go along with eight rebounds, while Rondae Hollis-Jefferson added 17 points and nine rebounds of his own. 

All but three Wildcats who played scored at least seven points. 

As a team, Arizona shot 53 percent from the field, 31 percent from deep and 77 percent from the charity stripe. Washington countered with 35 percent from the floor, 30 percent from the 3-point line and 86 percent from the free throw line. 

Arizona is off until Sunday when the Wildcats take on Washington State in Pullman, Wash.

Game nuggets:

– Arizona out-rebounded Washington 37-30

– All but two Huskies scored at least two points

– Washington’s last lead came at the 14:43 mark when the Huskies led 7-6

– Arizona scored 43 points each in both the first and second half

– The Arizona bench outscored the Washington bench 20-10