To get you through your weekend …

Wednesday

Take a journey back in time and delve into the artistic creativity of early China. The Tucson Museum of Art’s newest exhibition, Han and Beyond — The Renaissance of China: The James Conley Collection, showcases more than 100 works of art from the Neolithic period to China’s Qing Dynasty. Located at 140 N. Main Ave., general admission to the Tucson Museum of Art is $8 and only $3 for students.

Make your evening shine and marvel at the glittering orbs peppering the night’s sky. Join park naturalists at Saguaro National Park East, 3693 S. Old Spanish Trail, at 7 p.m. for the Star Party to get a quick lesson in astronomy and a look at the beautiful desert twilight. Telescopes and binoculars will be available. To make reservations call: 733-5153.

Thursday

Get ready to get jiggy with it. Underground hip hop star Talib Kweli is taking over The Rialto Theatre, 318 E. Congress St., beginning at 9 p.m. Since 1995, the Brooklyn native has collaborated with renowned artists, such as Mos Def. His most recent solo album, Gutter Rainbows, was released in February. For tickets and information, call 740-1000.

Plush, 340 E. Sixth St., is the place to set up your Thirsty Thursday headquarters. In celebration of its grand re-opening, the nightclub has a non-stop, fist-pumping line-up. Super Stereo kicks off the night with quirky pop hooks at 9:30 p.m., followed by the beats of the Jivin’ Scientists at 10:30 p.m. Tucson’s very own up-and-coming act, Horae, cap off the night with their catchy, electronic indie vibes. Doors open at 9 p.m. and cover is only $5.

Friday

What’s a Friday night without a little drama? Check out Pima Community College’s presentation of Sophocles’ classic tragedy, “”Antigone.”” Watch as PCC theater arts students bring this 2,600-year-old play to life in the PCC Center for the Arts Black Box Theatre, 2202 W. Anklam Road, and wrestle with the perplexity of predestination and free will. The show runs through April 17, and tickets are $15.

Stay classy UA. Head to Crowder Hall, 1017 N. Olive Road, for the University of Arizona Opera Theater’s presentation of its spring production of Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart’s “”Don Giovanni.”” Featuring the Arizona Symphony Orchestra, this Italian opera, which is hailed by some as “”the most perfect opera ever written,”” combines drama, comedy and unprecedented music in the story of Don Juan. The show starts at 7:30 p.m. For tickets and information visit http://www.music.arizona.edu/.

Saturday

See art bringing art to life with Latina Dance Project’s new dance drama, “”The Slumber of Reason.”” Based on “”Los Caprichos,”” Francisco de Goya’s set of 80 socially-critical prints, Latina Dance Project combines humor, song, dance, text and video to recreate the controversial messages of Goya’s 200-year-old artwork. The show begins at 7:30 p.m. at Zuzi’s Theater, 738 N. Fifth Ave. Tickets are $19.75. Visit http://borderlandstheater.org/ for more information.

It’s that time again — time for food, rides and games galore at the UA’s annual Spring Fling. The largest student-run carnival in the United States, Spring Fling will offer more than enough activities to keep you busy from noon until midnight at Rillito Downs, First Avenue and River Road. For admission information visit

Sunday

http://springfling.arizona.edu/

Start your day and week off right. Join fellow Tucsonans in the fight against breast cancer at the 13th Annual Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure. Held at Reid Park, 1100 S. Randolph Way, the one-mile family walk starts at 7 a.m., followed by the 5K run/walk at 8 a.m. Support a good cause and get some good karma. Visit http://www.komensaz.org/.

Get an abdominal workout without having to go to the gym. Just snag a seat at the Arizona Theatre Company’s presentation of “”The Mystery of Irma Vep,”” and you will be clutching your stomach in laughter The play has a plethora of outrageous sets, costumes and predicaments that will put a crazy little kick into your Sunday night. The curtain opens at the Temple of Music and Art, 330 S. Scott Ave., at 7 p.m. Visit www.arizonatheatre.org for tickets and information.

Monday

Witness a few of your peers go head-to-head at the finals of the second annual Lois Trester Piano Competition. The competition will award more than $4,000 in prizes to students currently enrolled as piano majors at the UA. This year also features a new award which will be presented to the most promising undergraduate pianist. The competition begins at 7:30 p.m. at Crowder Hall.

Get excited … it’s Monday. That means it’s Mondo Monday at The Loft Cinema, 3233 E. Speedway Blvd. This week’s bizarre silver-screen flick is “”The Big Bird Cage.”” A completely politically incorrect, oh-so-70s cliché chick flick, “”The Big Bird Cage”” features “”foxy”” Pam Grier and baldy Sig Haig. The show starts at 8 p.m. and tickets are only $3.