Peters cleared to play Arizona men’s basketball

It was announced Tuesday morning that Kansas transfer Zach Peters has been cleared by Arizona’s medical personnel and will start fully with the team this week. Peters, a 6-foot-10, 240-pound power forward, joins the Wildcats after spending his first year at Kansas, where he suffered multiple concussions.

He will provide Arizona with additional depth in an already loaded frontcourt featuring forwards Aaron Gordon and Brandon Ashley and center Kaleb Tarczewski. With his size and ability to stretch his shot past the arch, Peters is capable of filling the hole left by Grant Jerrett and can contribute to the Wildcats’ perimeter shooting woes.

Head coach Sean Miller confirmed the reports of Peters’ eligibility in a press conference Tuesday afternoon.

“Zach in fact has been cleared today, and today will be the first day that he practices with contact,” Miller said. “We are excited about letting him come back, but as you expect, it’s been awhile since he has played competitive five-on-five. You don’t just go from 0 to 100; but it’s just good for Zach and our team to have another player involved in what we do everyday. Hopefully [he] will progress to where he can help us at some point in the season.”