Tips for migrating Wildcats

Students traveling home for the Thanksgiving holiday today or tomorrow should keep a few things in mind.

Thanksgiving is traditionally the busiest travel time of the year, with an estimated 24 million people utilizing air travel, according to the Air Transport Association.

Passengers are encouraged to arrive 90 minutes prior to their plane’s departure.

Parking at the airport is offered on a daily basis, with cost varying depending on parking locations. Rates range from $4 to $9 per day, and shuttles run from some of the more distant lots to the terminal. Private companies also offer parking farther away from the terminal with varying rates.

For information on long-term parking at Phoenix Sky Harbor International Airport, contact the airport at

602-273-4545.

Protests have been planned for Wednesday at Sky Harbor International Airport regarding the new security measures.

The Transportation Security Administration is also stepping up security screening during the holiday, and urges travelers to remember that all liquids and gels must be able to fit in one clear, one-quart sized sealable bag inside carry-on luggage.

No single item in that bag is allowed to be larger than three ounces. These limitations do not apply to bags stored in checked luggage.

The TSA also warns travelers not to wrap gifts they are bringing, since those packages may need to be opened by security in case additional screening is required.