SAAF to host candlelight vigil for victims of Orlando shooting

Genaro Molina
Marchers hold letters that spell out Orlando in support of the victims of Sunday’s mass shooting during the annual Gay Pride parade in West Hollywood on Sunday, June 12, 2016. (Genaro Molina/Los Angeles Times/TNS)

The Southern Arizona AIDS Foundation will host a candlelight vigil in remembrance of the Orlando shooting victims this evening at 522 N. 4th Ave. 

The event will begin at 7 p.m. in front of IBTs at 616 N. 4th Ave. and proceed to the vigil site at 7:45 p.m., according to the SAAF website

“The loss of so many of our brothers and sisters hurts my heart,” said Associate Director of LGBTQ Initiatives Adam Ragan, according to a statement on the website. ”For all the gains the LGBTQ community has achieved, we still face attacks in the places we go. However, we are not deterred and we will honor the memory of those lost today by continuing to work for equality.”

Visit the event’s Facebook page for more information, and donate to the Orlando families affected by the shooting here