UA pharmacy dean indicted on sexual assault charges

Courtesy of UA Arizona Health Sciences CenterUA College of Pharmacy Dean Jessie Lyle Bootman poses in a banner for the University of Arizona Health Sciences Center. Bootman has been indicted on several felony sexual assault charges.

Courtesy of UA Arizona Health Sciences Center

UA College of Pharmacy Dean Jessie Lyle Bootman poses in a banner for the University of Arizona Health Sciences Center. Bootman has been indicted on several felony sexual assault charges.

Jessie Lyle Bootman, UA College of Pharmacy’s dean, has been indicted on sexual assault charges by the Tucson Police Department on Wednesday.

According to a press release by the Pima County Sheriff’s Department, Bootman assaulted an adult female in his home on Oct. 2. The victim reported awakening with injuries consistent with a sexual assault the morning after the incident.

The Pima County Sheriff’s Department reported that a medical examination found that the victim’s injuries were conclusive of sexual assault.

After obtaining a search warrant, the sheriff’s department searched Bootman’s home and found incriminating evidence at his residence.

Since graduating from the UA, Bootman has been the dean of the College of Pharmacy since 1990 and was acting dean for three years prior and has been a faculty member since 1978.

The County Attorney’s Office indicted Bootman with charges of sexual assault, sexual abuse and aggravated assault.

The Daily Wildcat will provide further updates on the case.

Follow Lauren Renteria on Twitter.