Looks of the week: The shifting weather has the StyleCats layering up

Carmen Valencia

There are some pretty stylish students all around campus who can show their true fashion sense during or after their school day.

Since spring break is long gone and finals are just around the corner, temperatures are shifting back and forth from cold to hot. In the changing Tucson temperatures, shorts, dresses and skirts accompanied by jackets and cardigans are becoming very popular. These three students have shown their true style while trying to challenge the ever so changing weather.

Gabrielle Copeland, a global studies sophomore, sported a laid back and cozy look with a gray ribbed dress, accompanied by a cream knit cardigan. The accessories were minimal yet polished with gold and silver necklaces and strappy black sandals. She purchased the entire outfit at Charlotte Russe.

“I just love [to] wear comfortable clothes that are kind of different,” Copeland said of her casual outfit. “Even though I work at Charlotte Russe, my favorite store would have to be Forever 21 because I love the futuristic looking clothes and all of the clothes are cheap.”

Kali Guzman, a psychology sophomore, sported a bohemian chic look with a purple wave patterned T-shirt underneath a denim jacket and over white shorts, all from American Eagle Outfitters. For accessories, Guzman wore sunglasses from Express and flip flops from Rainbow Sandals.

“I’m from California so my style can be described as very boho and beachy,” Guzman said of her relaxed and laid back look. “I love to go to American Eagle because all of the stuff fits my boho look and there’s always good things on sale.”Shivani Patel, a junior studying electrical and computer engineering, sported a simple yet chic look with a maroon top from Express, rose patterned shorts from Brandy Melville and white Converse.

“Literally my entire closet is from Spain, so I would say that my style is a little more European,” Patel said of her Brandy Melville shorts she bought in Spain. “I would have to say that Zara is my favorite store to buy clothes because the stuff is unique and I love the European stuff.”

Shorts, dresses and layering are the theme for this week. Cold temperatures in the morning and warm temperatures in the afternoon force locals to put on a jacket and accessorize the outfit to match the changing weather.

Follow Erica Szpylczyn on Twitter.