“On the Spot: Lauren Inouye, journalism and business management junior”

How do you feel about long-distance lovin’ in college?

They tend to not work out that well. I’ve had, not myself experienced, but many of my friends have, and I’m telling you right now it consists of fighting and yelling, and you don’t have as much fun in college, sorry.

Do you feel that it is a waste of time?

Yeah I do. Not a good idea. You can’t go out and have fun.

What would you do if you met your prospective soul mate on an airplane or something, and he lived across the country?

I mean, you can always join the Mile High club. I don’t know. You can have some airplane fun for a while, Skype always works, texting works. If it’s true love, it’s true love, and fate always works out in the end.

Do you have a Blackberry phone by any chance?

No, I have some Verizon phone; it’s not a smart phone.

Me too, and I feel like we are the only people left on the planet that don’t have 3G phones.

I know. My parents would not let me have one because it costs extra money. I hate my phone.

What is the purpose of having a laptop when your phone basically is one but in smaller physical form?

I know. I completely agree. But you know what, I’m working my way toward the Droid, the new Droid. I really want it. Droid incredible, what is the new one called?

I have no idea.

Yeah, well I want it, and we’ll see what happens with that.

I’m pushing for the iPhone, but by the time I get my hands on it, it will probably be an actual computer.

You would look so high-tech carrying that thing around, I cannot wait for it. It will be like 16G by then.

What is an invention you are waiting to see from Apple, since they are pretty much taking over the world, that would make your life easier?

Anything Harry Potter. Anything from Harry Potter is what needs to be invented by Apple.

So like a real-life Hogwarts?

Yes, yes, and I will be admitted to Hogwarts and love life and marry Harry Potter.

— Caroline Nachazel