Police Beat

A man with a large hernia was booked into Pima County Jail the afternoon of Feb. 2 after police saw his friend drinking beer out of a mug at the bus stop on North Campbell Avenue and East Speedway Boulevard, reports stated.

Police saw the friend drink out of the mug around 2:30 p.m. There was a beer can on the ground in front of the man and his friend.

Police approached the bus stop and smelled alcohol. Police asked the friend what was in the mug and the friend said beer.

The mug smelled like beer and police had the friend pour it out.

The friend was cited and released for drinking in public.

Police ran a records check on the man and discovered he had six warrants. The man had a large object in his shirt.

The man told police he had an abdominal hernia and had had it for three years. Medics responded to clear the man.

The man was then arrested, reports stated.

? ? ?

A student was booked into Pima County Jail early the morning of Feb. 1 after a dorm resident saw him kick and knock down two motorcycles outside of Coronado Residence Hall, 822 E. Fifth St., reports stated.

Police arrived around 1 a.m. and approached the student. The student was swaying and smelled like alcohol, reports stated.

The student said he did not know anything about the motorcycles. The student said he had been walking home from North Fourth Avenue and had been on the phone with his brother.

The student said he had walked by the two motorcycles and had described them to his brother.

The student said his brother told him not to kick the motorcycles over, reports stated.

The student said he then walked away from the motorcycles and saw another man walk over and kick the motorcycles down.

Police asked the student what the man had looked like and the student said, “”Actually, just like me.””

Police told the student it was improbable that someone who looked just like him had been in the same area around the same time.

The resident told police he had been in his room when he heard a car alarm go off. The resident said he looked out his window and saw the student looking into a car window.

The resident told police he went into the parking lot and began following the student, reports stated.

The resident said the student was swaying and talking very loudly on a cell phone. The resident saw the student go up to a yellow motorcycle and kick it, causing it to hit a red motorcycle. Both motorcycles fell to the ground.

The owner of the yellow motorcycle said it would cost about $2,240 to repair the damage done to the bike.

The owner of the red motorcycle said it would cost about $150 to repair his bike.

The student was arrested on one felony count and one misdemeanor count of criminal damage, reports stated.

? ? ?

The rear bike tire was stolen off of a student’s bike sometime between Jan. 26 and Jan. 27 while it was parked at Navajo Residence Hall, 1557 E. Sixth St., reports stated.

The student said he had locked the bike to the bike rack around 7 p.m. on Jan. 26. The student said he returned around noon the next day to find the rear tire gone.

The student said there was a red and white sticker on the tread of the tire.

Police have no suspects or witnesses, reports stated.

? ? ?

A UA employee’s bag full of baby supplies was stolen from her car Feb. 1 while her car was parked in a Zone 1 lot, 425 N. Fremont Ave., reports stated.

The employee said she parked her car around 7 a.m. and said she returned around 5:30 p.m. to find the left rear window on her car broken.

The left rear door was also slightly dented and scratched. Police found a rock in the rear seat of the car, apparently used to break the window.

Police took fingerprints, reports stated.

? ? ?

A student’s $150 dark green mountain bike was stolen sometime between Jan. 24 and Jan. 31 from Pinal Residence Hall, 1511 E. Sixth St., reports stated.

The student said she locked her bike with a cable lock around 7:30 a.m. on Jan. 24 and said she returned around 7:30 a.m. on Jan. 31 to find her bike gone.

Police Beat is compiled from official University of Arizona Police?Department reports. For a complete list of UAPD activity, the daily resume can be found at http://www.uapd.arizona.edu.