Datebook

EVENTS

• ASUA inauguration. New officials of the Associated Students of the University of Arizona are inaugurated in a ceremony. Noon. Old Main fountain
  • Faculty Senate meeting. Faculty governance at the UA functions under the constitution and bylaws of the general faculty. 3 p.m. James E. Rogers College of Law, Room 146
  • Writing workshop. Victoria Stefani of the Writing Skills Improvement Program will discuss “”Preparing for and Writing the Final Exam Essay.”” 5 p.m. Psychology building, Room 207
  • Stories onstage. “”A Byrd Once Told Me: Stories and Poems”” by Byrd Baylor. 7 p.m. $4. Marroney Theatre
  • Music. Chamber Music Showcase Concert, featuring UA distinguished student musicians and Classical KUAT-FM broadcasting hosts David Harrington, James Reel and Bill Pitts. 7:30 p.m. Free. Music building, Crowder Hall
  • ENTERTAINMENT

• Movie. Come enjoy a movie while you eat at Park Student Union. Movie to be announced, free popcorn also provided. All day. Free. Park Student Union, dining room
  • Movie under the stars. “”Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl”” on the big screen. Dusk. Free. Park Student Union, outdoor stage
  • Chess tournament. 6 p.m. $3. Student Union Memorial Center, Wilbur’s Underground, Games Room
  • Guitar recital. 7 p.m. Music building, Holsclaw Hall