Poetry slam emphasizes emotion

With strong sentiments concerning Valentine’s Day, there’s one event that encompasses all of these emotions for one’s entertainment.

The second annual “”Love Me, Do Me, Leave Me”” slam poetry event is hosted by Outlaw Bitch Productions.

“”We formed the organization last year for the purpose of putting on this show,”” said Lindsay Miller, a creative writing junior. “”It’s made up of people in the Tucson poetry scene and we pooled our talents to put on a unique event that nobody seems to be doing.””

Guests wishing to perform are asked to scrounge through their journals and bring three poems to share – a love poem, a sexy erotica poem and a poem about heartache. It’s a great way to artistically express your angst about past or current lovers, and audience favorites will be crowned the King or Queen of Hearts.

“”Prizes have not been determined,”” Miller said, “”but various prizes will be given throughout the evening. There will be some surprise events different from last year.””

“”Love Me, Do Me, Leave Me”” is Saturday at Bentley’s House of Coffee and Tea, 1730 E. Speedway Blvd., at 7 p.m. (with sign-up at 6:30 p.m.). There is a suggested donation of $5. Proceeds go to send two members of Outlaw Bitch Productions to Detroit in March to attend the Women of the World poetry slam.