Here’s how you can help the people of Ukraine

(Courtesy of Garry Knight CC0 1.0 Universal)

As the Russian invasion of Ukraine continues, hundreds of thousands of Ukrainian refugees are trying to flee their homes, or are otherwise stuck in incredibly dangerous living situations. This crisis has left many in desperate need of relief and aid. Here is a list of some groups accepting donations to help provide aid to the Ukrainian people:

Save the Children

Save the Children provides crisis relief for children stuck in Ukraine. Donations made on the site (using credit/debit cards, PayPal or Google Pay) will go towards supplying “children and families with immediate aid, such as food, water, hygiene kits, psychosocial support and cash assistance.”

CARE

CARE, an international humanitarian agency, is raising funds for the crisis in Ukraine that will go towards “immediate aid and recovery, food, water, hygiene kits, psychosocial support, and cash assistance — prioritizing women and girls, families, and the elderly,” according to the organization’s website. Donations can be made on the site using a credit card or PayPal.

Project Hope

Project Hope is an international healthcare and humanitarian relief organization that works with and provides supplies to healthcare workers on the ground in Ukraine. Donations can be made on the website using a bank transfer, credit/debit cards or PayPal.

UNICEF

The United Nations Children’s Fund is an organization dedicated to providing children across the world with humanitarian aid. UNICEF is working to support children in the conflict zone in Ukraine and helping them flee the country. Donations can be made on the website with a bank transfer, credit/debit cards, PayPal or Google Pay.

Voices of Children

Voices of Children is an organization based in Ukraine that is raising funds to give the people of Ukraine “emergency psychological assistance, and assisting in the evacuation process.” The site takes donations with a credit card, Google Pay or PayPal. 

Global Giving

Global Giving is a nonprofit organization that has created a crisis relief fund that focuses most of the resources on the most vulnerable populations on the ground in Ukraine. According to the group’s website, your donation will be used to provide “shelter, food, and clean water for refugees, health and psychosocial support, and access to education and economic assistance,” among other things. Donations can be made on the website using a credit/debit card, PayPal, wiring a transfer, writing a check and more.

International Rescue Committee

The International Rescue Committee is a humanitarian aid organization that helps people displaced by conflict and natural disasters. Donations can be made on the website through PayPal or credit/debit cards. 

RELATED: RecycleMania teaches students to implement more sustainable living practices

Kyiv Independent

The Kyiv Independent is a Ukrainian news outlet that is reporting on the war effort in Ukraine. Donations can be made to this organization on their GoFundMe page.

World Central Kitchen

World Central Kitchen is serving thousands of meals to families in Ukraine, as well as refugees in neighboring countries. Donations can be made on their website using Google Pay, PayPal, credit/debit cards or a bank transfer.

United Help Ukraine

United Help Ukraine focuses on providing humanitarian relief and emergency supplies to the people of Ukraine. Donations can be made on the group’s site using PayPal.

Apart from donations, staying informed on current events and raising awareness are also ways in which anyone can help the people affected by the ongoing crisis in Ukraine.

Follow Sam Parker on Twitter